Monday, August 11, 2008

"SpiderPro" Do's and Don'ts

I found that "SpiderPro" was the best refernce to me during the revisions of my web page. The Do's and Dont's were very direct and helpful, they stuck to the basic webpage, as I found that Web Style Guide seemed to be for the more experienced people with web pages. The rules of "SpiderPro"that were most useful to me in the revisions of my web page, were found in the presentation on text. In particular, "Do seperate adjacent textual links." I found this rule to be very helpful because I seperated my links with bullets. My readers can click on a bullet each bullet to view a different link. The "Don't hide your links" rule brought to my attention the fact that at times, some of my links do not show up. I realize that the color I chose may have been too dark, so this is something that I will try to work on.

I also found that the rules for design of "SpiderPro" were very helpful to me in designing my web page. "Don't use Dark Backgrounds," this rule came in handy because my use of a dark background prvented my links from showing up on the screen, even though they were there. The rule "Don't cram your pages" was also helpful because as I tried to post an image on my web page, it came up too large, and it took over my whole page. Reading this rule, endouraged me to resize my picture, or find one that was small enough to fit on my web page.

"SpiderPro" helped me in creating a better web page. In creating web pages, I did not realize that there were rules that you had to follow in order to create a neat and readable web page.

No comments: